Loose neck, or sagging neck muscles and skin become more visible with age. Sometimes, this obvious sign of ageing can be due to sudden weight changes and lack of exercise. But, regardless of the cause, this is an occurrence that bothers us all.
The so-called ‘turkey’ neck can be a torture for both, women and men. Thus, we show you a few effective ways on how to get rid of the loose and saggy skin without surgery and Botox.
How To Tighten Loose Neck And Get Rid Of Wrinkles
1. Any sudden weight loss leaves the skin without tone, causing sagging effect and wrinkles. Therefore, it’s better to lose weight gradually, at a recommendation of 4-5 pounds per month.
2. Healthy eating habits are very important. Avoid fast food, sweets, and carbohydrates, and increase the intake of vitamin A, fatty acids, and beta-carotene.
3. To avoid saggy skin, keep your body hydrated. Drink at least 2 liters of water daily.
4. Exercise your body regularly. At least 3 times a week.
5. Try some exercises for the muscles of your face and neck.
- Put one of your hands on your forehead and start to push against it. Hold the position for about 15 seconds. While doing this, your neck muscles should flex.
- Bend your head to the back and face the ceiling. Start chewing, with your mouth closed. Do this for about 20 seconds. You’ll feel the work of your face and neck muscles.
- Again, bend your head to the back and face the ceiling. Now, push your lips forward, into a kissing motion. Repeat this several times.
- Lie down on the bed. Hang your head over the edge. Slowly, lift your head towards the torso. Use your neck while doing so. Be careful with this exercise, as you can easily end up with a strained neck. Repeat at least 5 times.
6. Avoid repetitive facial expressions, like tilting your head and nodding.
7. Use creams that tighten the skin and keep it moisturized. Make sure to cleanse and tone your skin twice a day, in the morning and evening.
8. Try a neck scrub with porridge and yogurt.
9. Avoid too much sun exposure, and always apply sunscreens.
10. Quit smoking.
Loose Neck Cover-Up
1. If you’re a man, you can cover your sagging neck with a beard. If you’re a woman, you can always use make-up.
2. Do you have a sagging neck? It’s better to wear a blouse with a V phrase or unbuttoned shirts. Round, narrow expression to the neck or shirts buckled to the throat further emphasize your flaw.
3. If you’re wearing a polo-neck sweater, the collar should be high and wide, not narrow and short.
4. Smile as much as you can and enjoy life. In this way, your chin will be less noticeable.