This 4-week walking plan is more than just an ordinary walk. It’s designed to burn 1,300 calories and fix problem areas. How does it work?
According to health organizations, women between the ages of 18 and 30, who have walked at least 4 hours a week, lose weight 44 percent more easily in the following 15-year period than women who did not walk at all – no matter what other activities they have been doing.
To accomplish this magical number of 240 minutes of walking per week, you need to follow this simple plan, created by fitness experts.
4-Week Walking-Workout Plan
Keep up with this simple plan and start burning at least 1300 calories every week.
Start with a 30-minute walk a day, every day, except for Sunday. Combine the walking routine with basic exercises.
Monday – Basic exercises for shaping the lower part of your body.
Tuesday – Routine 30-minute walk.
Wednesday – Core strength exercises.
Thursday – Routine 30-minute walk.
Friday – Strength exercises for the lower part of your body.
Saturday – Core strength exercises, activating the upper part of your body.
Sunday – Rest and recover your strength and energy.
In week 2, increase the walking duration up to 40 minutes a day. Keep the other activities of the plan same as in week 1. Then consequently, increase the walking duration to 45 and 60 minutes in week 3 and week 4. Also, try to walk faster, at a speed of 6km per hour.
It is very important to walk on a daily basis, using the correct walking technique. Thus, we advise you to follow these instructions:
- With each step, alternately move one of your hands forwards, and the other one towards the back. Don’t keep them in your pockets.
- The position of your hands should be natural, with slightly bent fingers.
- The speed of your hand needs to be in line with the work of your legs.
- Don’t direct your eyes towards the ground in front of you. Otherwise, you force your neck and back in a wrong position. Try to keep your vision 3 to 4 meters away from you.
- Direct your toes straight forward. The inner edges of your feet should stand straight.
- Walk in a uniform rhythm of steps, at about the same length. Longer or too short steps are not recommended.
- Balance your breathing and thoughts.
- Tighten the muscles of your abdominal region. Otherwise, you may cause an additional load for the spice, due to the lack of necessary support.
- Wear good and comfortable shoes and clothes while you walk.
Why Is Walking Healthy?
Walking has a number of positive effects on the human organism, such as:
- Strengthening muscles, especially the leg muscles
- Improving blood flow
- Fat loss
- Maintenance of normal body weight
- Increase in respiratory and cardiological capacity
- Reducing stress, restlessness, and tension
- Improved functioning of the digestive system