Do you regularly reach out to Vicks vapor rub, a cream with a very strong smell in a blue box whenever you have a cold, and problems with your respiratory tract? If the answer is yes, you can do this cream by yourself without spending money and it will be just as effective as the store-bought one.
DIY Natural Vicks Vapor Rub At Home
The commercially sold Vicks usually contains substances that are not very healthy and that can cause skin irritation and therefore this homemade variant is much better.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 7 spoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of shea butter or cocoa butter
- 4 tablespoons of grated beeswax
- 60 drops of essential oil
Therefore, the types of essential oils that you will put in the ointment depend on what kind of problem you are having.
First essential oil blend for sinus congestion
- 20 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- 20 drops of eucalyptus or peppermint essential oil
Second essential oil blend for chest massage and cough relief
- 20 drops of eucalyptus e.oil
- 10 drops of rosemary e.oil
- 10 drops of pine essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree e. oil
Third essential oil blend safe for kids
- 2 drops thyme e.oil
- 3 drop frankincense e.oil
- 4 drops cedarwood e.oil
- 4 drops tea tree e.oil or sweet orange e.oil
Put the beeswax in the bowl together with the shea or cocoa butter and then melt it slowly with the steam method. Afterwards, when the wax and butter are dissolved, you should add the coconut oil and the blend of essential oils. Once you’ve done that, mix all the ingredients well so they can combine nicely and transfer them into a small jar. Leave the ointment to cool down so the wax hardens and it’s ready for use. Finally, store the mini jars at room temperature maximum for a year.