While it’s pretty easy to find a good ice cream in grocery stores, it’s more interesting to make your own, customized ice cream in the comforts of your home. You can even involve your kids and other family members, to make the experience more exciting. Have you ever tried making Galaxy ice cream?
The Galaxy ice cream is a colorful, playful and shimmery sweet delight. And this simple recipe will help you make one that everyone’s bound to enjoy!
Galaxy Ice Cream Recipe
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 small can of sweetened condensed milk
- A tablespoon of Vanilla extract
- Food coloring, in the colors of choice
- Sugar crystals
1. Add the heavy whipping cream in a standing mixer’s bowl, or whip it with a hand mixer at medium speed, for a few minutes. Don’t over whip it into butter. Instead, whip until the whipping cream becomes a little bit thicker and holds a little bit of its shape.
2. Add in the condensed milk and vanilla extract, and whip everything for about a minute, until the ingredients properly combine.
3. Next, divide the mixture into the number of portions equivalent to the numbers of food coloring you want to use. For example, if you have four colors, then divide the mixture into 4 separate bowls.
4. Put a few drops of food color in each bowl. With a spoon or spatula, mix the colors with the whipping cream, until they are completely uniform.
5. Pour the base colored whip cream in a casserole dish, or any other dish big enough to hold the Galaxy ice cream. Then, add the other colors in small bits, and in no particular order. Don’t add them all at once, so that you don’t have too much of one color concentrated in one area.
6. With a skewer or kebab stick, swirl the differently colored whip creams around. Don’t use the spatula or spoon, as you risk having all the colors muddled together.
7. On top of the ice cream, sprinkle some sugar crystals. Very gently, incorporate them into the mixture with the spatula. This will give your ice cream that incredible galaxy shimmer.
8. Once you’re happy with the way your ice cream looks, pop it in the freezer, for at least 4 to 6 hours, so that it forms beautiful, solid ice cream texture. Or even better, let it stay in the freezer overnight before serving.
9. Serve, eat, and enjoy!
A few things to note about this recipe:
- In this ice cream recipe, you can use the colors you desire and as many as you want. Four, six, and even ten different colors. You can even deviate from the galaxy theme, and go for a rainbow, or even sports theme.
- If you want to give the colors of your ice cream a more vibrant, brighter feel, use gel food coloring. Regular food coloring works too, but the colors are not as exciting.
For more details, watch the video below.
Homemade Galaxy Ice Cream