Halotherapy or salt therapy is relatively new to the United States. But, in Eastern Europe, it has been practiced for over 200 years. Today, many people, suffering from lung conditions, are looking for ways to heal these problems with salt mines, in various parts of the world. Have you ever heard of a pink Himalayan salt inhaler? If not, you’re about to!
Nowadays, in the U.S. you can find numerous salt rooms, spas, and wellness centers, offering salt therapy. Why is this treatment becoming so popular? Because people are starting to pay more attention to the anti-fungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, found in the salts. These properties are especially beneficial for individuals who suffer from respiratory illnesses, such as asthma, hay fever, congestion and other allergies.
Luckily, today people don’t have to go to a salt mine, to exploit the properties. You can get a relief at your home, because the Himalayans salts are now widely available, in various forms. You can add them to your daily diet, or even inhale them, using a special Himalayan salt inhaler.
Why Should You Inhale Pink Himalayan Salts?
Inhaling pink Himalayan salts has many benefits.
- This type of salt is a natural linctus, and therefore, it helps in the reduction of excess mucus.
- It contains 84 minerals and elements, important for the functions of the human body.
- Reduces the mucus, and it helps get rid of coughs and nasal drips. Hence, it allows you to sleep better at night.
- Inhaling Himalayan salts helps alleviate inflammation and irritation caused by smoke and other pollutants, especially in asthmatic patients.
- The inhalation can also help reduce the swelling and redness found in the nasal passages.
- Because the salt has antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, it is instrumental in cleaning the human body of harmful microbes.
How Does The Himalayan Salt Inhaler Work?
This Himalayans salt inhaler incorporates the best of both, the modern and old technologies. Hence, it’ll give you the best results!
How does it work? The small particles of the pink Himalayan salt settle at the bottom of the inhaler. Each time you take a breath through the inhaler, the moisture found in the air helps absorb these salt particles into the lungs. Once in the lungs, the salts help reduce the inflammation. The best thing about using any type of salt inhaler is that unlike the traditional inhalers made by pharmaceuticals, they have zero side effects.
How To Use The Himalayan Salt Inhaler
1. Carefully place the salt rocks inside the inhaler, as directed in the package instructions. Please note that the inhaler has to be ceramic, not plastic.
2. Take the mouthpiece of the inhaler and place it in the mouth.
3. Take a deep breath through the mouth and release through the nose.
4. Do not, under any circumstances, add water into the inhaler. This inhaler is used for dry therapy exclusively.
5. As you inhale, make sure that your breaths are slow and deep, so that the salt ions can be deposited in your lungs, giving you the much-needed relief. Once the lungs have absorbed the ions, they are then absorbed into your bloodstream, further helping reduce inflammation and pain.
Refilling The Inhaler
Simply open the plastic stopper – it’s round in shape. Remove the used salt and replace it with fresh salt.
For optimum results, make sure to clean your inhaler as directed on the instructions manual.