Mason jars are ideal for storing various items, including food. And, when empty, they can be used in a variety of different ways, as a decoration for your home. But then again, have you ever thought of the incredible things you can with the mason jar lids?
There are so many DIY craft projects for mason jars. And, you’ll be surprised to know that you can do a lot with the lids as well, before you throw them away. Check out this innovative decorations for mason jar lids!
Magnet Photo Frames
The magnet photo frames, made of mason jar lids, are a great decoration for your fridge. Also, they are an amazing gift for your family and friends!
To make them, you will need hot glue sticks, a hot glue gun, mason jar lids, photos, tiny magnets and scissors.
Draw a circle on each of the photos, using a mason jar lid, and then cut them out, following the circular shape. Apply glue on the inside of the lid ring, with the help of the hot glue gun, and then stick the photo. If you want the photo to pop out some more, cut it in a smaller circle, and glue a thick piece of cardboard behind it, to make a circular frame.
Lastly, glue the little magnet on the back side of the lid. And there you have it, your cool handmade magnet photo frame! The photos will look incredible on your fridge, and will give your home a personalized touch!
Mason Jar Lids Holiday Wreath
If you’re done with spending copious amounts of money on holiday wreaths from the shop, consider making your very own unique Halloween wreath, using Mason jar lids.
For this craft project you’ll need:
- Mason jar lids (about 32 in number)
- Paint in different colors
- Washi tape, in different patterns and colors
- Separate the lids into different piles, based on the different colors of paint you have.
- Paint each pile with the respective color and allow them to dry overnight.
- Line the sides of the already painted lids with the Washi tape. You can use glue to help it stick.
- Next, string the rings on a piece of ribbon, long enough to accommodate all the lids.
- Tighten up the ribbon, so as to form a wreath-like shape.
- Finally, tie the ribbon ends and attach a decorative ribbon over the main one. You can use hot glue for the decorative ribbon at the top, to help it stick better.
Mason Jar Lid Coasters
To make these, you’ll need mason jar lids, thin cork sheets, a stamp, permanent ink pad, a hot glue gun and spray paint.
Start by drawing the mason jar lid on the cork sheet, and then cut out the circle. Glue the mason jar lid onto the metal ring with the hot glue gun. Next, using the spray paint in the color of your choice, spray the mason jar lid. Then, stamp the cork sheet circles with the permanent ink. Finally, hot glue the cork sheet cutouts into the painted jar lid.
Enjoy your unique mason jar lid items!