Ideally, rubbing alcohol, or isopropyl alcohol, is meant for health purposes. We use it to clean and disinfect wounds, or for cleansing the skin. In fact, when you go shopping, you’ll realize that it is usually placed in the health sections at the stores. However, rubbing alcohol has so many other incredible uses. And, in this article, we’re going to look at some of them.
There are so many ways that you could use rubbing alcohol to keep your home clean and fresh.
1. Clean your kitchen sink by spraying isopropyl alcohol onto it, and using a dry cloth, give it a shine. Et voilà, everything is sparkling clean and germfree!
2. Are your mirrors stained with hair spray? You can easily clean them by dubbing some rubbing alcohol on a piece of cloth and using it to wipe off the sticky residue from your mirror.
3. Bathroom fixtures, especially those made of chrome, can get a buildup of grime and dirt over time. To get them shiny and clean, pour some isopropyl alcohol onto a soft cloth and use it to clean off the rust, dirt, and grime from the fixture. You don’t even need to rinse afterward, because the alcohol will evaporate. It not only brings back the sparkle on your chrome fixture, but it will leave your bathroom disinfected.
For Beauty & Health
1. Nail polish remover. Ran out of nail polish and you need to get your nails done? Well, don’t you worry! Some rubbing alcohol will have that polish out in no time. It’s also a better alternative to cosmetic nail polish, because it doesn’t contain acetone and other harsh chemicals. So, you won’t just remove the polish, but you’ll be preserving the health of your nails.
2. Getting rid of razor bumps. Do you get razor bumps every time you shave? Well I do, and I really hate them! They not only look horrible, but they feel so uncomfortable. Razor bumps occur when hair curls back into the skin, following irritation from shaving. To prevent razor bumps from occurring, simply dab some isopropyl alcohol on the shaved area. This will help in relieving the inflammation and irritation.
3. Treating Acne. If you’re battling with acne and don’t have a treatment for it, you can try using rubbing alcohol. Apply some on a cotton bowl and apply onto your skin. It will kill the bacteria that cause the acne, and consequently, it’ll clean your skin. Caution should be however taken, because prolonged use can cause irritation. Apply it only on the spots and not the entire skin.
Use Rubbing Alcohol On Your Pets
If you have a dog, then you know how easily they pick up ticks and other bloodsuckers when they go out for a walk. Ticks cannot stand isopropyl alcohol. Thus, before pulling a tick off your dog, dab some rubbing alcohol on it, to help help loosen the tick’s grip. Once removed, use the alcohol to disinfect the wound.
Rubbing alcohol has so many other incredible uses. A quick online search will give you so many other incredible ways, which can come in quite handy. Why don’t you give it a try?
12 Ways to Use Rubbing Alcohol
10 Brilliant Ways to Use Rubbing Alcohol
17 Surprising Ways You Can Use Rubbing Alcohol
When he checks into a hotel he sprays the bed with this. The reason why is so important