Headaches and anxiety are two evils that afflict today’s modern world very frequently. The multiple daily activities, worries, stress, and unhealthy routines are factors that diminish the quality of life and trigger pain and worries. But, have you tried to treat them with lavender lemonade?
Often, those who suffer from anxiety and frequent headaches also suffer from other symptoms, such as fatigue, difficulty concentrating, nervousness, irritability, tremors, muscle tension, or sweating. That’s why it’s very important to pay special attention to these problems before they become a major disorder.
Among others, we recommend you to treat them with lavender.
Lavender Properties That Help Eliminate Headaches And Anxiety
Lavender is one of nature’s most powerful natural anxiolytics. This medicinal plant is characterized by its sedative and relaxing virtues, which are very beneficial when it comes to relieving both, headaches and anxiety.
The pure lavender essential oil is considered as one of the best natural medicinal oils that we can find. Recently, it has become one of the most preferred oils in spas and massage salons for its multiple healing properties, and especially for its ability to provide relief for sore muscles and body tension.
The effectiveness of lavender oil is mostly owed to its 150 active components, which provide instant relaxation and calmness to people who suffer from anxiety and tension.
Lavender oil has antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. Also, it has shown to have analgesic, sedative, antispasmodic, detoxifying, and hypotensive effects.
Lavender has been used for many years to treat stress, relieve nerves, fight depression and, in general, to relax the body when there is tension as a result of a heavy day. To take advantage of its benefits, almost all people use it in aromatherapy or infusion. However, today we bring you a different proposal that will allow you to take advantage of all the benefits of lavender to combat headaches and treat anxiety.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
Here we show you how to combine lemonade with lavender essential oil, to get a delicious, refreshing, and healing drink that relieves headaches and treats anxiety.
For the preparation, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of organic honey
- 12 cups of distilled water
- A few drops of lavender essential oil
- 6 lemons
- A few dried lavender buds, for decoration
Squeeze the lemons and transfer the juice in a large jar. Add the remaining ingredients, and mix well, to combine. Refrigerate the drink for a couple of hours before consuming. If necessary, you can add more water or honey.
Other Recommendations That Will Help You Relieve Headaches And Treat Anxiety
In addition to consuming the refreshing and relaxing lavender lemonade, you can also apply the following tips to make its properties more effective:
- Breathe deeply. Perform breathing techniques to relax your mind, relieve anxiety and control your life.
- Stay positive in situations that stress you and make you feel agitated. Try to stay calm and find a solution.
- Some foods and beverages can make your anxiety and headache problem worse. Therefore, it’s recommendable to avoid consumption of processed and fatty foods. Also, you should avoid dairy products, fried foods, and all sorts of junk food.
- Remember that exercise is the key to good physical and emotional health. When you suffer from frequent headaches and/or anxiety, physical activity can be one of the best ways to fight them. It stimulates the production of neurochemicals, reduces the stress hormones, and, at the same time, it helps reduce the symptoms of anxiety.
- Avoid smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol. Even though these bad habits can provide a momentary relief, they negatively affect the human body and can make things worse.
If your problems with anxiety and headaches are very recurrent and difficult to fight, it’s best to consult a doctor for a more appropriate treatment, according to the severity of your disorder.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
Lavender essential oil in the treatment of migraine headache: a placebo-controlled clinical trial.
Is lavender an anxiolytic drug? A systematic review of randomised clinical trials.
Lavender oil-potent anxiolytic properties via modulating voltage dependent calcium channels.